Everyone knows what energy is. But there are many different definitions. These are from Google.com.
1.the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.
Changes in the levels of vitamins can affect energy and well-being;
|vitality, vigor, life, liveliness, animation, vivacity, spirit, spiritedness, verve, enthusiasm, zest,
vibrancy, spark, sparkle, effervescence, ebullience, exuberance, buoyancy, sprightliness
As an aside, US President Donald Trump believes that people are born with a finite amount of energy and to exercise is to use it up too fast.
We will be examining primarily definition number one in this article. But the strength and vitality referred to can be physical, mental, or emotional.
There is such a thing as good energy and bad energy as it relates to the environment or a person. People can have an effect on the environment, and vice versa. Good energy places make you feel good and sometimes you don’t even know why but you just feel happy or alive or energetic or creative there. Bad energy places can depress you, make you sad, even make you irritable. Bad energy people are often known as energy vampires. They will wear you down with their negativity and complaints. Before long you begin to feel negative yourself. You can shield yourself from these types of effects either by avoidance or counteracting behaviors. If you can’t avoid someone, for instance at work, you can disempower the person who wants to hang around talking to you if you just keep your head down and keep working. The other person will eventually get the hint and go away. On the other hand, good energy people make you happy and you enjoy being with them. If you find someone you enjoy being around for that reason and they don’t seem to want to be around you, think about how you may come across to them.
As promised by the title: here are some ways to maximise your energy:
- The average human needs approximately 1200 – 2500 calories per day to sustain life, as well as have energy to be active. Food should provide optimal nutrition, not empty calories.
- Good quality movement throughout the day is crucial to having energy. Needs very widely among individuals, and one television doctor recommends we walk at least 10000 steps per day using a pedometer.
- The old standard was 8 glasses per day totaling 64 ounces. Now you will frequently hear recommendations to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. For instance if you weigh 200 pounds, then drink 100 ounces.
- Sleep deprivation has been proven to cause all sorts of ailments including obesity, hallucinations, and emotional problems. The average person needs 7 to 10 hours of sleep each night, preferably uninterrupted.
- Personal time including introspection and meditation. Know yourself. If you are not a person who likes crowds, you will have more energy if you try to spend some quality time alone on a regular basis.
Nikola Tesla was a 19th century scientist (1856-1943). He is credited with discovering the standing columnar wave and inventing the alternating current motor, as well as many other inventions. An interview with him was recently found. Some of it is unintelligible, possibly due to language or translation barriers, and some of it is just extremely unusual thinking. I include the link here so that you can read the whole interview if you desire to, but this portion of the introduction gives an idea of the kind of transformations of the personal body that he was interested in.
“Tesla has claimed that he has conditioned his body or his view in the world in 10 ways that make it seem like he has reached enlightenment. Has he really? He has claimed in this most recently leaked interview that he can dream of the problem that is plaguing him such that he saves time and can solve it in his dream. Moreover, he has claimed to fully attuned his body such that he can wake up and sleep at any timing he wishes to. These are just a few examples of how he altered his body to suit his needs and to finely attuned it to the world around him.”
While this may seem like a far stretch of imagination, none of us are aware of the full capabilities of our brains. We should respect our potential and strive to excel in all things.